Note: Send resumes to email@example.com
Summary: Nurse for Clinic, including patient education. Referral of patients when appropriate for follow up care. Function under medical protocols.
The Clinic Nurse must be:
- Willing to sign the Lebanon Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith & Qualifications of Employment.
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church.
- Able to fully support the Lebanon Rescue Mission’s Mission and Vision Statements.
- Willingness to practice nursing care in a grass-roots, but developing, free health clinic
- Sustaining and supporting patients during diagnosis and treatment
- Obtaining health history and assessing health/illness status
- Maintaining quality assurance of assigned patients
- Providing patient education in the areas of health promotion and preventive medicine
- Referral of patients as necessary to other health providers and/or social service agencies
- Appropriate follow up of patients with chronic and acute health problems
- Commensurate with education and training and when appropriate, can function under established medical protocols for minor illness and treatment of same
- Provide coverage for the Clinic Director when on vacation or out ill
- Have a heart for serving vulnerable patients with diverse health care disparities
- Respects diversity and has the ability to collaborate with and build respectful relationships with staff, volunteers, and community partners
- Ability to support the Clinic Director in other tasks as delegated by the Clinic Director
- Attending weekly staff devotions and chapel service
Education and Experience: A valid unrestricted license to practice nursing in PA. RN or LPN – priority hire for a bilingual.
Reports to: Clinic Director
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. May require occasional evening hours.
The Lebanon Rescue Mission is a privately funded 501 (c) 3 non-profit, Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry, which is dedicated to represent and present the Gospel in order to see lives redeemed, renewed and restored, through relationship with Jesus Christ. We consider every position essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Mission Statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior and Lord. All employees must:
- Be able and willing to share the Gospel and participate in the ministry activities of Lebanon Rescue Mission;
- Subscribe to the Lebanon Rescue Mission Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment upon hire and continuously while employed;
- Adhere to the policies of the Lebanon Rescue Mission Employee Handbook.